Chris Cole took home his third consecutive Maloof Money Cup win at yesterday’s street finals, and Pierre Luc Gagnon racked up his second vert win at the Orange County event.
In street, it was a battle to beat Nyjah Huston after he posted a 98 on his run, but leave it to Cole to make it happen. Cole bumped Huston into second and Sean Malto was third.
Sean Malto Bastien Salabanzi
Huston may be headed for the Dew Tour after next week’s Portland event, so all eyes will be on him in Salt Lake if he returns. He was the Dew Tour’s youngest athlete in 2006, where he racked up back-to-back second place finishes in Denver and Louisville as an 11-year old ripper.
A few Dew Tour athletes headed to next week's event in Portland were noticeably absent from Maloof because of contract obligations to Street League. Those guys include top ranked Dew Tour rider Greg Lutzka, Ryan Sheckler, ranked second overall, and Paul Rodriguez.
In vert, Pierre Luc Gagnon added another win to his long legacy. He’s coming off double gold’s in X Games for vert and best trick, and he heads into next week’s Wendy’s Invitational as the Dew Tour overall leader in vert.
Pierre Luc Gagnon
Bob Burnquist was second and Andy Macdonald was third.
Maloof Street Video Recap
Maloof Vert Video Recap
- Chris Cole, 286.33, $100,000
- Nyjah Huston, 281.67, $40,000
- Sean Malto, 281.33, $25,000
- Torey Pudwill, 274.67, $15,000
- Tommy Sandoval, 260.67, $6,000
- Bastien Salabanzi, 258.67, $5,000
- Ryan Decenzo, 255.33, $4,000
- Justin Brock, 250.33, $3,000
- David Gonzalez, 246.67, $2,500
- Billy Marks, 239.67, $2,000
- Jake Duncombe, 237.33, $1,500
- Garrett Hill, 233.67, $1,500
Vert Overall Results
- Pierre Luc Gagnon, 358.92, $75,000
- Bob Burnquist, 355.75, $35,000
- Andy Macdonald, 346.75, $20,000
- Bucky Lasek, 344.67, $10,000
- Sandro Dias, 338.92, $6,000
- Adam Taylor, 334, $5,000
- Rob Lorifice, 333.83, $4,000
- Pedro Barros, 320.67, $3,000
- Elliot Sloan, 291.50, $2,000