Event InfoLake Elsinore
Despite only being added to the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship schedule in 2012, Lake Elsinore's name resounds in the history of motorcycle racing in America. The Lake Elsinore Grand Prix was the off-road race that filmmaker Bruce Brown chose for his classic motorcycling documentary “On Any Sunday,” which was released in 1971 and nominated for an Academy Award. The movie, which featured Steve McQueen and Malcolm Smith racing through the town's streets, helped launch a dirt-bike revolution in this country, and inspired the Honda Motor Corporation to name its first motocross bikes “Elsinores” in 1973.
While the off-road race had its starts and stops, a permanent motocross facility was not built until 1999. Over the years the Lake Elsinore Park has been through good times and bad, changing hands often as Southern California grew into a hotbed for American motocross and supercross. It appeared to shut down for good in 2010, but then Vision Quest Enterprises resurrected the park. The company's owners -- Tom, Gio and Joe Nanci – put considerable resources to work. They literally bulldozed the place, starting with a flat, fresh piece of land that they would shape into a brand new facility. With the help of Marc Peters of Petersbuilt Tracks, they raised a state-of-the-art, national-caliber motocross track that hosted its first Lucas Oil Pro Motocross event on September 8, 2012.
Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park sits on 180 acres that is open to the public Tuesday through Sunday from 8 am to 6 pm. They offer 5 premier motocross tracks and the state-of-the-art Lucas Oil Off-Road Stadium Truck Track, and their Motorsports Park is built to accommodate all skill levels and become a family destination point for all motorsports enthusiasts. The National track is 1.5 miles long and was designed by renowned track builder, Mark Peters. The Vet track is a fun track made for the everyday riders with table tops and rollers sitting on 7 acres. Three tracks for kids are also offered, with a 60/80 track for the advanced riders and 2 pee wee tracks for beginners. Rates for an all day pass are $25 and $20 for pee wee riders.
- 2013 race tickets are now available! Click here to purchase.
- Other than the race track, the Pro Pits is where the action is. We offer two types of Pit Passes - Early Entry and Racer X All Day. Early Entry provides access to the Pro Pits from 9 am until noon, and will be for sale at the Announcer's Tower the day of the race for $20. The Racer X All Day Pit Pass provides all day Pro Pit access as well as a year subscription to Racer X Illustrated, and can be purchased online here and on-site at the Racer X Booth on Vendor Row the day of the event
Pro Pit Rules
- Alcohol is PROHIBITED in the Pro Pits.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult pass-holder.
- You may not access the track at any time.
- There will be scheduled autograph sessions at various team rigs. Autographs are only available as scheduled. Autographs are not guaranteed. Purchase of a Pit Pass does not guarantee that you will obtain a pro autograph.
- Anyone removing or taking an item from a team rig or pit area without permission will be prosecuted.
- Entry to the Pro Pits is at your own risk. You are responsible for your own safety.
Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park
31919 Cereal Street
Lake Elsinore, CA 92580
Office Phone: 304-284-0084
Track Phone: 951.264.5256
National Event Website: lepromx.com
Track Website: racele.com
- Grandstand seating
- Open Air Festival seating
- Nearly 100% track Viewing from a variety of vantage points
- Infield Track Viewing via Two Track Tunnels
- Covered Super Ticket VIP Viewing Areas with live timing and scoring, private restrooms, and catering
- Handicap Viewing Area
- Large interactive Sponsor Village
- State-of-the-art sound system
- Food and Soft Drink Concessions
- Onsite paid Parking
- Motorcycle Parking
- Handicap Parking
- Easy Entry/Exit
- Onsite Camping
- No pets national weekend
- Gates closed Midnight to 6 am daily - please plan accordingly
- From I-15
Toward San Diego take Exit 73 to Diamond Dr/Railroad Canyon Rd. Turn right onto Diamond Dr. Turn left onto Mission Trail. Turn right onto Corydon St. Destination will be on left.
Where To Stay
- Best Western Plus (host hotel) 951-674-3131
- Holiday Inn Express 951-674-4333
- Lake Elsinore Hotel & Casino 951-674-5160
- Quality Inn 951-674-9694
- Elsinore Hot Springs Resort 951-674-9997
- Travel Inn 951-674-3101
- Hotel at Lake Elsinore 951-674-3101
- Pechanga Resort 951-693-1819
- Ramada Old Town 951-676-8770
- Embassy Suites 951-676-5656
- Motel 6 951-676-7199
- Holiday Inn Express 951-699-2444
We want you to have a fun and safe national weekend. Please abide by these simple rules:
- Track Access Policy: The racetrack is OFF LIMITS AT ALL TIMES to all guests. Guests are not permitted to enter the racetrack for any purpose. DO NOT STEAL THE BANNERS! Guests are not permitted to take the banners—THIS IS DANGEROUS, especially when bikes are still on the track. Parents, you are responsible for your own children. Please do not let them take banners off the track. Adults, you should know better. Violators will be prosecuted. This prohibition will be strictly enforced.
- Search Policy: All vehicles are subject to search at any time. If any fireworks, glass containers, or other prohibited items are found, you may remove them from the property yourself, or we will dispose of them for you. We are not responsible for the safe return of any contraband removed.
- No fireworks, weapons, beer kegs, glass containers, scaffolding or ladders.
- No pit bikes, ATV's, scooters, golf carts, etc.
- Please use our trash receptacles. If you need trash bags, you can get them from the front gate.
- General Information & Security: Information Center
- Will Call: Main Gate
- Lost & Found: Information Center