Event InfoSpring Creek
Located in the scenic and beautiful Mississippi River Valley along Spring Creek, Millville, Minnesota's Spring Creek Motocross Park has some of the richest soil on the circuit. The soil is actually great for farming, so it should come as no surprise that the facility used to be a working farm, but the early-spring floods resulting from the snow melting in the valleys made this parcel of land particularly difficult to cultivate. So in 1967, a man named Grant Marquardt pursued his interest in motorcycles by founding a hillclimb event here.
Marquardt enjoyed the privilege of operating Spring Creek for eight years until he retired and sold the facility to Perry Hendricks. One of Hendricks' first accomplishments as new owner and operator was adding the motocross track in 1976.
With Hendricks at the helm, the track grew in popularity, and in 1982 he was able to obtain a round of the now-defunct Trans-AMA Series. The following year, he secured Spring Creek's position as an AMA Pro Motocross Championship track. To add to the growth, the site hosted an AMA National Hare Scrambles throughout much of the 1980s.
In 1987, Spring Creek Motocross found itself with new owners, John and Greta Martin. The Martins committed their lives to transforming the park into the race facility we know it to be today. John, a factory off-road racer (and 1985 AMA National Hare Scrambles Champion), retired from his own racing career, while Greta took leave from her beloved teaching position to work full-time on the facility.
The improvements they have made include a three-story starting tower with viewing platform, a three-story building equipped with registration, concessions, commons area, two levels of VIP suites, a four-story announcing tower with spectator deck, an enclosed two-story finish-line tower, advanced flagger structures, increased spectator viewing areas, two sets of temperature-controlled, flushing restroom stations, and much more. Spring Creek MX Park is now one of the premier facilities on the circuit, and it still has that amazing soil the riders love so much.
- 2013 race tickets are now available! Click here to purchase.
Spring Creek MX Park
63633 298th Ave
Millville, MN 55957
- Open Air Festival Seating
- Air Conditioned VIP Suites with live PA feed, live timing and scoring, live race footage, private restrooms, and catering
- Air-conditioned Food and Drink Concession area with live video feed of racing
- Large interactive Sponsor Village
- Flushing Air Conditioned Restroom facilities
- Onsite Camping
- Potable water for Camper filling
- Non-denominational Church service is offered during most race weekends
- Playground area with swing set, volleyball, four-square, basketball court, volleyball, and badminton
- Trout Fishing
- Helicopter Riders
- Grandstand Seating
- (Covered) Super Ticket Viewing Area
- Open Air Corporate Suites
- Shaded Picnic Areas
- Nearly 100% track Viewing from a variety of hillside vantage points
- Infield & Hillside Track Viewing via 6 Track Tunnels and a Spectator Ridge
- State-of-the-art sound system
- Event Simulcast on FM Radio - 107.9
- Beer Concessions
- Children's play area
- Free Parking
- Onsite Parking
- Motorcycle Parking
- Handicap Parking
- Easy entry/Exit
- Permanent Restroom facilities
- Reserved RV spots with hook-ups - Limited Number
- Pre-Camping available Sun/Mon/Tue 6PM-9PM
- RV septic pump service
- Outdoor Shower
- Gate A: General Admission, Tickets, and Camping
- Gate B: VIP, Vendors, Will Call, Staff, Medical, and Press
- Gate D: Pro Pits, Pro Rental cars, Pro Motor homes & Buses
- Travel Station and Camper Services: Click here
- Pets must be leashed and stay on campground side of creek.
- Rentals car parking (Pros ONLY) is at Gate D
- Pro Pit curfew is midnight (Pros ONLY)
- Rental cars are not allowed in pits
- No campfires, but grills allowed
- No alcohol allowed - Beer Gardens on-site
- From the South (Rochester or Iowa):
Take Hwy 63 North through Rochester to Zumbro Falls (about 20 miles North of Rochester). In Zumbro Falls turn right onto Hwy 60. Head east 9 miles to County Road 11. At County Road 11 turn right. Look for the appropriate signs and entrances.
- From the West:
Follow I-90 to Hwy 63 North. Take Hwy 63 North through Rochester to Zumbro Falls (about 20 miles North of Rochester). In Zumbro Falls turn right onto Hwy 60. Head East 9 miles to County Road 11. At County Road 11 turn right. Look for the appropriate signs and entrances.
- From North (Minneapolis):
Take Hwy 52 South to Zumbrota. On South side of Zumbrota, take Hwy 60 East exit towards Zumbro Falls. Follow Hwy 60 East 21 miles through Zumbro Falls to County Road 11. At County Road 11 turn right & look for appropriate signs & entrance.
- Directions from East (Chicago):
Take I-90 West through Wisconsin. After La Crosse take Hwy 61 North through Kellogg. Turn left onto County Road 81 (NOT 18) and follow to stop sign. Turn left onto Hwy 60 & go 13 miles to County Road 11. Turn left onto County Road 11 & look for appropriate signs & entrances.
View Larger Map
Where To Stay:Rochester, MN (35 mins away):
- Kahler Grand -- 507-285-2756 - Downtown at 20 SW 2nd Ave *Host Hotel*
- Rochester Marriott - 507-285-2756 - Downtown at 101 SW 1st Ave
- Kahler Inn & Suites - 507-285-2756 - Downtown at 9 NW 3rd Ave
- Sleep Inn & Suites - 507-536-7000 - Next to Rochester Internat'l Airport
- Hilton Garden - 507-285-1234 - Downtown at 225 South Broadway
- Radisson - 507-281-8000 - Downtown at 150 South Broadway
- Ramada Hotel & Con - 507-289-8866 - Hwy 52 & 16th Street
- AmericInn - 651-345-5611 - Hwy 61
- Coffee Mill Motel & Suites - 877-775-1366 - Hwy 60 & Hwy 61
- Historic Anderson House - 651-565-2500 - 333 Main Street
- Treasure Island Resort & Casino - 800-222-7077 - 5734 Sturgeon Lake Rd